1/2 onion (sliced thinly)
1 chili pepper (slit down the side)
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
3-4 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Cucumber sliced into 1/4″ rounds
1. Bring first set of ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Place cucumber in a heat-proof jar or bowl. Pour boiling liquid over to cover.
3. Cover the container and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours to allow flavors to meld.
1. Cucumber can be peeled, seeded and sliced into half moons if you like.
2. Add 2-3 whole cloves for extra flavor.