1 Chicken (1,5 Kg)
100 gr Cassava leaf (boiled untill tender, press and slices)
5 Tbs oil for sauteing
Banana leaf / aluminium foil for wrapp.
Finely Pounded cooking spices:
7 big red chilli
5 small chilli
5 pcs candlenut (fry without any oil/Sangrai)
10 pcs shallot
1 tsp shrimp paste
5 clove garlic
1 tbs corriander (fry without any oil/Sangrai)
1 lemongrass (slices)
2 tsp ground pepper
1 tbs lengkuas/laos/ginger plant chopped
1 tsp nutmeg
4 nubbled kaffir lime leaf
2 tsp minced turmeric
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp greater galangal
Salt as your taste
1. Saute with medium heat all finely pounded cooking spices untill good smell and dry. Remove and divide become 2.
2. Mix 1 part of suted cooking spices with cassava leaf and put inside the chicken. Then pin it.
3. Spread the other part of cooking spices all over the chicken.
4. Wrapped chicken with banana leaf/aluminium foil, tie with string.
5. Roasted in 180 C oven heat, approximaly 2-3 hours untill cooked well.
6. Remove, and cut into small pieces.
7 Ready to serve.
NOTE: Before roasted, chicken can be steam for 45 minutes and then roasted for 1 hour.
Betutu is famous balinesse traditional dish. Ussually made from duck coated with banana leaf and areca nut leaf. Duck burried in the ground on covered by fire for 6-7 hours.