- 1 kg Beef, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons Margarine
- 5 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 10 Shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 Nutmeg
- 3 cm Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamoms
- 1 liter Coconut milk from 1 1/2 coconuts
- 250 g Potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons Tamarind juice
- 5 Carambolas, cut into small pieces
Finely Pounded Spices into Paste:
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Combine beef with ground spices and knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat margarine and sauté garlic until golden brown, then add shallots.
- Fry until soft.
- Add beef, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Stir until fragrant, then pour in coconut milk.
- When the beef is nearly tender, add potatoes, tamarind juice and carambolas.
- Simmer until the ingredients are cooked and the gravy has thickened.
- Serve hot.