Beef Liver in Coconut Milk | Kalio Hati
- 600g beef liver, well trimmed, sliced and cut into 2cm squares
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 French shallots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 14 bird's eye chilies, sliced
- 1cm galangal, peeled and sliced
- 1cm fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lemongrass, bruised
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
How To Make :
- Prepare the paste by grinding all ingredients except oil, lemongrass and lime leaves.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the paste together with lemongrass and lime leaves for 2-3 minutes. Add liver and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt and simmer, uncovered, until liver is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with side bowls of boiled rice.