- 500g beef ribs, cut into bite-sized
- 1500 ml water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice, concentrated
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 salam leaves/bay leaves
- 3 candlenuts
- 1 tbsp sliced shallots
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1 tsp sliced galangal
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
How to make:
- In a stock pan, boil the beef rib with 1000 ml water over medium heat until tender and the stock remains 500 ml (if the rib is not tender yet, put some more water) then turn off the heat.
- Blend all spices into a paste, Put oil in a wok, saute the paste.
- Add tamarind juice, soy sauce, bay leaves, and pepper. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the sauteed paste to the beef rib stock and bring to boil until cooked.
- Place into a serving bowl and serve.