- 250 g beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized
- 200 g half-ripe coconut, grated
- 1 egg
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp sliced garlic
- 3 tsp sliced turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
Ingredients for sambal :
- 5 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp diced capsicums
- 1 tbsp diced red chilies
- 1 tbsp black shrimp paste
- 50 ml water
How to make :
- Blend all ‘spices a’ into a paste.
- In a bowl, mix well grated coconut, meat, egg, and paste, let stand 30 minutes.
- Put the skewer in the center of each meat piece (4-5 pieces) and press with your hand to form satay.
- Grill the satay over charcoal, turning several times until golden brown.
- Arrange on a serving dish and serve with sambal.
- To make sambal : mix all ingredients for sambal and serve with satay.