- 500 g kai-lan (alternate names: gai-lan, Chinese broccoli, Chinese kale)
- 25 g tiny silver anchovies (Indonesian’s name: teri medan, teri nasi)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 cm ginger, bruished
- 1 tbsp oysters sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in a small amount of water
- 300 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar ground white pepper as desired sugar and salt as desired to season
- In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp sugar. Blanch water spinach in boiling water, drain and quickly cooling them in cold water. Place on a serving plate.
- In a pan, add a small amount of olive oil or other oils are accepted, stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant at over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low heat, add oyster sauce, 300 ml of water, tiny silver anchovies, ground white pepper, and sugar to season. I didn’t add salt in it, but if you like you can add salt as desired. Cook until well-permeated. Add cornstarch mixture to anchovies sauce mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve by pouring sauce over kai-lan on a serving plate.