- 1000 g palm fruit
- Lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 300 g sugar
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 pandanus leaves, cut 5 cm
- 1000 ml water
- 2 tbsp syrup, red color
- Bamboo leaves to wash
How To Make :
- In a bowl, soak palm fruit in rice washing water (water after washing rice) and lime juice for one night. Wash palm fruit while squeezing using shredded bamboo leaves to get rough, stiff and dry fruit, drain.
- Boil the palm fruit until cooked, drain, set aside.
- In a pan, put water, bring to boil, add sugar, kaffir lime leaves, pandanus leaves, make a syrup, remove from the heat and let stand to cool.
- In a bowl, put the syrup, add palm fruit, soak for half day and drain, set aside.
- Boil the remaining syrup until thick and remove from the heat, let cool.
- Put again palm fruit in a bowl, pour the thick syrup, soak for another half day. Repeat this process until the liquid is totally reduced.
- Serve as dessert.