- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 stalks fresh lemon grass
- 3 tbsp tamarind juice or asam kandis juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 750 ml water
- 10 green chilies
- 4 tbsp sliced shallots
- 2 tsp sliced ginger
- 2 tsp sliced turmeric
- 1 tbsp sliced galangal
- 1 1/2 tsb pepercorn
- 8 candlenuts
How to make:
- Blend all spices into a paste.
- Put the paste in a pan, add kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and tamarind, saute with oil until fragrant.
- Add chicken and stir thoroughly
- Pour the water, cook at low heat until the chicken becomes tender.
- Continue simmering until the sauce turns thick.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve
- Bake in a moderate heat oven until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into slice or wedges and serve.