Dry Spiced Beef | Be Sampi Mesitsit
- 2 lb. beef top round, cut in 4 steaks of 8 oz each
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 Tbs. chopped palm sugar
- 2 large red chilies, seeded
- 2 Tbs. galangal, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. dried shrimp paste
- 2 cloves, ground
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 2 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
How To Make :
- Bring 20 cups of lightly salt water to a boil in a stockpot. Add beef and boil for approximately 1 hour or until tender. Remove from the stockpot. Meat must be so tender that its fibers separate very easily. Reserve the stock. Pound meat until flat and shred by hand into fine fibers.
- Place garlic, coriander, palm sugar, red chilies, galangal, dried shrimp paste, cloves, salt and pepper in a food processor and purée coarsely, or grind in a stone mortar.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan and sauté the marinade for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add shredded beef, mix well and sauté until dry. Season with lime juice.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature with steamed rice.