- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 2 stalks Lemon grass, bruised
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Young duck, cut into 8 pieces
- 750 cc Water
- 3 pieces Dried sour fruit (Garcinia cambogia)
Finely Pounded Spices into Paste:
- 200 g Green chilies
- 10 Shallots
- 2 teaspoons Chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chopped turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Chopped galangal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Peppercorns
- 8 Candlenuts, roasted
- Heat the oil and sauté ground spices, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, then add duck.
- Add enough water to cover the duck, then add dried sour fruit.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours until the duck is tender, the spices are absorbed and the gravy has thickened.
- Season to taste and serve hot.