- 500 g white pomfret / other fish
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice / vinegar
- 12 red capsicums
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sliced turmeric
- 2 tbsp sliced shallots
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1 tbsp sliced red chilies
- 2 tsp salt
How to make :
- Clean the fish, remove the inside and fish gills.
- Blend all spices into a paste. Put water in a pan, add the paste and bring to boil over medium heat, stir well until fragrant, add tamarind juice and brown sugar, when sauce starts boiling add fish and cook for about 15 minutes until done, do not stir.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish as you desire and serve with rice.