- 500 g Gray Mullet / Milkfish
- 1-2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 750 cc Water
- 2 stalks Lemon grass, bruised
- 1 cm Galangal, bruised
- 3 cm Ginger, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 6 cm Turmeric, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, quartered or 10 carambolas, halved
- Salt and sugar
* Rub fish with lime juice and salt.
* Let it stand for 15 minutes.
* Wash and drain.
* Bring water to the boil and add all ingredients except fish.
* Simmer over low heat.
* When the gravy turns yellow, add fish.
* Reduce heat and continue cooking.
* Simmer until the fish is cooked and the spices are absorbed.
* Season to taste.