- 2 mackerel (could be replaced with another fish)
- 1 lime
- 2 table spoon oil
- 4 stem kemangi (leaves only)
- 4 shallot
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 candlenuts
- 50 gr canary (optional, could be replaced with candlenut)
- 2 red chili
- 5 bird eye chilli (leave whole)
- 1 tomato (cut into 4)
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 lemongrass (smashed)
- 2 salam leaves
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 1/2 table spoon salt (more/less according to taste).
How to make:
- Brushing cleaned fish with salt and lime. take aside
- Finely pounded into paste shallots, gralic, turmeric, ginger, candlenuts, canary and red chilli.
- Saute spices paste until fragrant, add salam leaves and tomatoes.
- Add 700 cc water, let it boil
- Add fish, salt, sugar and bird eye chilli, cooked few minutes with high heat. Then reduced the heat until fish cooked.
- Add kemangi and 1 table spoon lime before remove from stove.