- 500 g Fish roe
- 1-2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 5 tablespoons Oil
- 1 stalk Lemon grass, bruised
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Pandanus leaf, torn, knotted
- 500 cc Coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
- 2 Green chilies, halved
- 2 Red chilies, halved
Finely Pounded Spices into Paste:
- 7 Dried chilies
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Aniseed, roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried carambola
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chopped turmeric
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 5 Shallots
- Rub the fish roe with lime juice and salt, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine spices paste with the fish roe.
- Heat oil and sauté the roe until it hardens, then add lemon grass, curry leaves and pandanus leaves.
- When fragrant, pour in coconut milk and add chilies.
- Simmer over low heat until cooked.
- Serve hot.