- 1 kg Chicken, cut into bite sized
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 5 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Pandanus leaves, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 stalks Lemon grass, finely chopped
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Cumin leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 cc Water
- 5 stalks Chives, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- Salt and sugar
Finely Pounded Spices into Paste:
- 100 g Red and bird’s eye chilies
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 10 Shallots
- 2 teaspoons Chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chopped turmeric
- 7 Candlenuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Rub the chicken with salt and lime juice, and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and sauté ground spices, pandanus leaves, lemon grass, kaffir lime and cumin leaves until fragrant.
- Add chicken and fry until it is half-cooked.
- Add beaten eggs, stir until the eggs are cooked, then add water.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy has thickened.
- Add chives, lime juice, and salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve hot.
Note : This dish originally used turtle meat. To make this dish resemble the original one, we’ve added the lightly beaten eggs.