Fragrant Rice | Nasi Gurih
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green shallots, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp galangal powder
- 2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 6-8 curry leaves
How To Make :
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, green shallots, coriander, galangal powder and rice.
- Stir for 1 minute to coat rice and cook until it smells good.
- Add coconut milk, water and curry leaves and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes stirring from time to time or until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer rice to a steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes or until grains are light.
- If you don't have a steamer continue to cook rice at the lowest heat for 5-10 minutes or until cooked. Remove curry leaves and serve immediately.