- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 to 1 c. water
- 1 lime, zested and cut into wedges
- 4 small, ripe bananas
- 1 c. canola oil for frying
- 1 tbsp. sugar
How to make:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add enough water to make a smooth batter that is somewhat thick. Add lime zest and mix well.
- Peel bananas and dip them in the batter 2 or 3 times, until well coated.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil to 375°F, or until a piece of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- Place bananas in the oil slowly and carefully. Fry two at a time, until they are crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- To serve, arrange bananas on a plate and sprinkle with sugar.