- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound fermented soybean cake (tempe), sliced 2″
long and 1/2″ thick
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 hot red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon chile paste
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe tomato
How To Make :
- Mix together the garlic and salt, rub this all over the fermented soybean cake. Set it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet, fry the fermented soybean cake over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until browned, and transfer to a platter.
- In a food processor or a mortar, blend the chillies, chile paste and tomato to form a paste.
- Serve the fried fermented soybean cakes with the paste.