Ingredients For Risoles wrapper :
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
Ingredients For Filling :
- 150 g minced beef or 150 g chicken
- 3 small potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with a little of water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 beef bouillon cube (Maggi or Knorr block)
- sugar, to the taste
- 1 cup water
Ingredients For Dipping :
- 1 egg
Change Measurements: US | Metric
How To Make :
- Make the wrapper: take a bowl then combine the flour, salt and egg. Gradually add the milk whisk them to make a smooth texture. When it’s done, heat up non-stick pan. Take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, pour to the pan and make it thin (just like how you make crepes). Cook it with low heat. When the edge of the skin is dry and you can peel off easily, it means it is cooked. Set aside.
- Make the filling: heat up the wok, then sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the meat and mix them well for few minutes. Then add carrots, pepper, salt, celery and 1 cup of water. Cover. When the carrots are half-cook, add the potatoes. Continue cooking until they are tender and add 1 tablespoon of flour mixed with water to make the filling thicker. You can add a little of sugar to adjust the taste.
- Make the Risoles: take one Risoles’s wrapper then add the filling in the bottom. Leave the bottom few centimetres clear. Lift the wrapper over the top and tuck it in under the filling. Fold over the left side, and then the right side and roll it up to form a tube. Repeat until all the wrappers are finished.
- Prepare the dipping: dip the rissoles into beaten egg then coat them with bread crumbs. Deep fry them with low heat, set aside and use the tissue paper to absorb the oil.
- Serve with fresh green bird’s eyes chillies or chilli sauce.