1 whole of grouper (400 g)
1 lime, squeezed
3 stalks lemon grass, finely sliced
3 cm ginger, finely sliced
6 lime kaffir leaves, finely sliced
2 pandan (screwpine) leaves, finely sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 tsp sugar
3 tbsp to stir fry
Finely Pounded Into Paste:
6 red chilies
4 bird’s eye chilies
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1. Clean the fish by cleaning out the stomach cavity, removing the gills and surrounding tissue, and scaling them. I didn’t do this step, I just rinsed out.
2. Rub fish inside and out with lime juice. Set aside.
3. Combine spices paste ingredients with slices of lemon grass, ginger, lime kaffir leaves and pandan leaves. Stir evenly.
4. Rub fish inside and out with 1/3 part of spices mixture, let stand for 15 minutes.
5. In a pan, stir fry remaining spices mixture with tomatoes until fragrant. Add fish. Spoon the spices mixture over fish, flip it over occasionally until spices permeated.
6. After the fish is done, it would have a better taste, if you bake in the oven or grill/barbque with a charcoal barbeque stove.
Place a little olive oil in or spray on with vegetable oil a grill pan and heat until very hot. Grill until done. Set aside. Let lam chops stand for few minutes and cover with tin foil to keep it warm and juicy.