- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 500 g Fish fillet
- 5 tablespoons Shredded coconut
- 50 cc Thick coconut milk
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- Lemon grass for Satay skewers
- 4 Red chilies
- 4 Bird’s eye chilies
- 1 teaspoon Lesser galangal
- 1/2 teaspoon Chopped galangal
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 Candlenuts, roasted
- 1/2 tablespoon Sliced lemon grass
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 5 Shallots
- Salt and sugar or brown sugar
- Heat oil and sauté ground spices until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Finely chop fish fillet and combine with shredded coconut, three-quarters of the thick coconut milk, sautéed spices and kaffir lime leaves.
- Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Shape 2 tablespoons fish mixture around a satay skewer.
- Press firmly until it sticks to the skewer.
- Grill the skewered fish over hot charcoal and brush with remaining coconut milk until cooked.