- 5 large red potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 c canola oil
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Use a potato masher or fork to mash the potatoes. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, eggs, salt, vanilla, sugar, and milk. Stir in the mashed potatoes.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a clean plate.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. The oil is hot enough when a pinch of the potato mixture quickly sizzles to a golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower a few of the potato balls at a time into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove balls from oil and place on paper towels to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.