800g Innards (heart, tripe, intestines, liver, lung)
2 1/2 liters Water
4 Kaffir lime leaves
1 stalk Lemon grass, bruised
1 Turmeric leaf
1 piece Dried sour fruit (Garcinia cambogia)
1-2 tbsp Oil
50g Rice flour & 1 tbsp cornflour for each 500cc stock
Fried shallots for garnishing
Finely pounded spices into paste :
8 Red Chillies
2 tsp Coriander, roasted
1 tsp Peppercorns
1/4 tsp Cumin, roasted
1 tsp Chopped turmeric
1 tsp Chopped ginger
1/2 tsp Chopped galangan
1. Boil the brisket and innards until half-cooked.
2. Then add ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, turmeric leaf and dried sour fruit.
3. Add hot water if necessary.
4. Simmer until the meat is tender.
5. Remove brisket and innards and cut into 1 X 2 X 3 cm pieces.
6. Thread meat onto the skewers, making sure that every, skewer has brisket and various innards.
7. Brush with oil and grill over hot charcoal until dry.
8. Thicken the remaining marinade with rice flour and cornflour mixed with a little water.
9. Serve satay with ketupat (compressed rice cake) or lontong (rice dumplings).
10. Pour hot sauce over the meat and sprinkle with fried shallots.