- 15 shallots
- 12-15 bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced finely
- 5 fragrant lime leaves, cut in fine shreds
- 4 stalks lemongrass, tender part only, very finely sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. dried shrimp paste (terasi), roasted
- ¼ tsp. black peppercorns, finely crushed
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- ¼ cup oil
How To Make :
- Peel shallots and slice in half lengthwise, then cut in fine crosswise slices.
- Combine with all other ingredients and mix thoroughly for a couple of minutes before serving with chicken or fish.