- 1000 g gold fish
- 2 stalks lemon grass, bruised (white part)
- 10 g allium schoenoprasum/chives
- 1 tbsp tamarind, solved in 500ml water
- 2 salam leaves/bay leaves
- 750 ml water
- 5 tbsp sliced red chilies
- 1/2 tbsp sliced turmeric
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 5 candlenuts
- 1/2 tsp andaliman (spice from Sumatra)
- 3 tbsp sliced shallots
- 3 tsp sliced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
How to make:
- Blend all spices into a paste, add lemon grass and salam leaves as seasoning
- Marinate the fish with seasoning and place in a wok.
- Put the remaining seasoning on top, let stand for 30 minutes
- Add tamarind water and bring to boil over medium heat, simmer until the fish is done.
- Add allium schoenoprasum/chives, continue cooking for a while and remove from the heat
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve with rice.