Spicy Fruit Salad | Rujak
- 1 chayote, peeled
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut in half lengthwise with seeds removed
- 1 mango
- 1 orange, peeled and divided into sections
- 3 crushed red chilli (add more if you want more spicy)
- 1/4 tsp shrimp paste
- 3 tbsp palm sugar/Javanese sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tamarind, dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 14-oz. can diced pineapple, drained
- Coarsely chop chayote, apple, cucumbers, mango, and orange sections.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed red pepper, shrimp paste, brown sugar, salt, and tamarind to make a paste.
- Add chayote, apple, cucumber, mango, orange, and pineapple to the bowl, and stir well to combine. Serve at room temperature.