Spicy Soup Tegal Style | Soto Tegal
- 150 g chicken breast boiled, fried, and cubed
- 100 g cow's heart boiled, fried, and cubed
- 100 g tripe boiled, fried, and cubed
- 150 g boiled chicken intestine, fried
- 750 ml stock
- 100 g bean sprouts, blanched, drain
- 5 tbsp sliced green onion
- 3 tbsp fried sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp fermented soybean (miso)
- 2 tbsp oil for sauteing
- 3 tbsp sliced shallots
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp sliced boiled red chilies
- 2 1/2 tbsp sliced capsicums
- 1 tsp sliced galangal
- 2 salam leaves/bay leaves
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Sambal Tauco :
- 1 tbsp sliced red chilies
- 1 tbsp fermented soybean (miso)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
How To Make :
- To make the sauce : Blend all the spices. Put oil in the pan, saute the paste over medium heat, add fermented soybean, salam leaves, lemon grass, sugar, and salt as seasoning.
- Boil the stock over medium heat, put the seasoning and continue boiling for 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
- In a serving bowl, put bean sprouts, chicken pieces, entrails, and green onion. Pour the hot sauce and serve immediately.
- Accompaniment : sambal tauco and sliced lime.
- To make sambal tauco : blend red chilies, fermented soybean (miso), and sugar into a paste. Put oil in a pan, saute the paste over medium heat until done.