Ingredients (Filling) :
- 250 g hulled mung bean, soaked 4 hours
- 250 g sugar
- 200 ml cream coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pandanus leaf
Ingredients (skin) :
- 300 g glutinous rice flour
- 3 tbsp sugar, refined
- 300 g boiled potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125 ml hot coconut milk, colored green (from pandan leaf extract)
- 125 ml hot coconut milk, colored red (from beet extract)
How To Make :
- To make filling : steam the mung bean until tender then bring to electric blender, add coconut milk until smooth. Put in a pan mix with sugar, salt and pandanus leaf, cook at low heat until the mixture becomes firm and easy to shape.
- To make skin : mix well all skin’s ingredients and knead well, divide the dough into 2 parts. One with green hot coconut milk and the other with red hot coconut milk.
- Knead each part for 15 minutes until the dough does not stick.
- Grease wooden press molt with glutinous rice flour, put the skin dough as layer of the wooden press and fill with the filling then cover with skin dough, press and remove from the wooden press, put in the steamer. In order not to stick with the steamer, put banana leaves under each cake.
- Steam for only 10 minutes and take out from the steamer, allow to cool.
- Arrange on a serving dish and serve.