- 500 g rice flour
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1600 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime water
- 10 tbsp ash water
- 500 ml pandanus leaf juice
- 200 g grated coconut, mix with 1 tsp salt, steamed
- Oil to grease
How to make:
- To make ash water : burn 1 bunch paddy straw into ash, solve with 50 ml water, sieve.
- Mix well rice flour, sugar, salt, coconut milk and lime water into batter.
- Divide the batter into two parts. One part mix with ash water and the other pour pandanus leaf juice.
- Grease a square mold cake 20x20x3 cm, pour 5 tbsp ash batter and spread evenly, steam for 5 minutes, pour 5 tbsp pandanus batter on top of the first layer, steam for 5 minutes, make sure the layers are even.
- Repeat the process until the batter used up with alternate layers of ash and pandanus batter.
- Continue steaming the whole layer cake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the layer cake from the mold, cut into pieces and serve with grated coconut.