- 3 eggs
- 1 14-oz can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 5 tbs water
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 oz cellophane noodles, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add coconut milk, water, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, drain cellophane noodles and chop into small pieces.
- Add noodles, bananas, and salt to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in a steamer for about 1 hour. If you do not have a steamer, fill a large rectangular cake pan with 1/2 inch of water. Place the casserole dish in the center of the cake pan and cover the entire thing with foil. Place in a preheated 350°F oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The custard is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.