- 1 (850g) Snapper or Grouper Head
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 liter Water
- 2 cm Galangal, bruised
- 3 stalks Lemon grass, bruised
- 4 cm Ginger, bruised
- 1/2 tablespoon
- 200 g Salt
- 3 Tomatoes, each cut into 4-6 pieces
- 8 Spring onions, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 4 Unpeeled shallots, roasted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 g Red chilies, sliced
- 1 Basil leaves
- Lime, extract juice
- Rub the fish head with 1 teaspoon vinegar and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Wash and drain.
- Bring to the boil water with galangal, lemon grass and ginger. Then add salt.
- After a few minutes, add fish head, tomatoes, spring onions and shallots.
- Allow to simmer.
- When the ingredients are almost cooked, add sliced chilies and basil leaves.
- Simmer over low heat.
- Before removing from heat, season and add lime juice to taste.
Note : You can add sugar if you like. If not fish head is available, use a whole fish.