- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. tamarind, dissolved in 1 tbsp.
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- bamboo skewers (To prevent the bamboo skewers from
burning, soak them in water for
1 hour before using)
How to make:
- With a mortar and pestle, food processor, or blender, combine coriander, cumin, garlic, salt, brown sugar, and tamarind.
- Place steak cubes in a medium bowl and add the spice mixture. Use your fingers to rub the spices into the meat. Set meat in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour.
- In a wide, shallow dish, mix soy sauce, water, and peanut oil.
- Place four pieces of marinated meat on each skewer and dip the meat into the soy sauce mixture.
- Broil meat over a charcoal fire or under the broiler of the oven. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Serve
with peanut sauce