- 1 lb boneless beef chuck
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp tamarind, dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
How To Make :
- Place the beef chuck in a large pot filled with 2 cups of water. Boil the beef until it’s tender. It is approximately 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the beef and cut into 2-inch squares. Pound each piece of beef slightly to tenderize and flatten it.
- Prepare a paste of the tamarind liquid, sugar, salt, garlic and coriander and put the paste into the pot filled with the left over liquid. Stir the liquid.
- Place the beef squares back into the pot and boil it again until the liquid or sauce becomes thickened.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the beef squares over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until the beef is brown and soft/crisp. Drain on paper towels.