1 lb. purple eggplants
1 Tbs. lime juice
15 Tbs. vegetable oil
Finely Pounded Spices into paste:
100 gram red chilies
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. shrimp paste
7 small-sized shallots
1. Cut each eggplant in half and cut again in 2 or 4 pieces.
2. Heat 10 Tbs. oil and deep fry the eggplant pieces. Cover the wok and let it stand for a while.
3. Open cover and turn the eggplants side to side until soft and well cooked.
4. Put eggplant pieces onto a serving platter.
5. Combine all spice paste ingredients and grind coarsely.
6. Heat 5 Tbs. oil over medium high heat and sautÃ© the spice paste for about 2 minutes. Pour the lime juice over the spice paste.
7. Then, lastly pour the sauted spice paste onto the eggplant pieces and ready to serve.
Makes 5-6 servings.